Two podcasts in one month? We share because we care
What's this? A new podcast already? Well, that's just how much we love you. And it gets us out of the salt mine for about an hour and a half. Not that benchmarking GTX Titans all day is a hard-knock life. In No BS podcast episode 196, we rotated in our trusty intern Chris, giving Online Managing Editor Jimmy Thang and Editor-in-Chief Katherine Stevenson some time to plot writing assignments and other devious shenanigans.
This time around our hot topics include:
- GeForce Titan performance
- Windows Blue rumors
- Google Glass
- Intel's Clovertrail+ CPU
And we can't forget editor's picks for software, hardware apps and whatnot:
- Chris Zele: GParted Live, an ISO for managing storage drive partitions.
- Tom McNamara: Corsair Neutron GTX, a 240GB solid-state drive.
- Gordon Ung: Slimdrivers, a program that helps keep your drivers up-to-date.
- Josh Norem: Pocket, for saving Web pages to read later, and on other devices.
We also took a few questions and comments from the Twitters and Facebooks and nearly managed to answer them!
Also, we did some fiddling with the Ares II (the liquid-cooled card from Asus with two Radeon 7970 GPUs on it) after this podcast was recorded, and we ended up getting some much better performance. It's actually a very cool and quiet performer, so disregard our comments about it being loud. It is the opposite of loud.